Conflict, boredom and disorganisation can cause tensions in any group. Left unaddressed, they can lead to members leaving and the group collapsing.
We collated here a few resources to help your co-op avoid these challenges, as well as suggestions for how to keep your group engaged in the long term, ensure workload is shared and that tricky group dynamics are dealt with.
Seeds for Change have lots of useful information here.
Consent decision making
In addition to the information in the pack, here are a few videos about Consent Decision Making and a flow chart that explains a bit more about the process:
Other resources from the Cooperation Town Starter Pack
- A proposed agenda for your co-op founding meeting.
- A template shopping list (copy and paste into a new spreadsheet to edit your own or just print the page).
- A template membership list (copy and paste into a new spreadsheet to edit your own).
- We recommend using Open Collective for membership fees, instead of a personal bank account. Here are some FAQ about how to use the platform. Our Open Collective ‘fiscal host’ (the organisation holding our funds) is the Social Change Nest. You can apply to them here.
- Co-op Expenses Policy for use on Open Collective (adapt to your group as required).
- Cooperation Town general leaflet (adapt the content to your group. Ask us for an editable file).
- Cooperation Town logo for use on flyers, posters and other materials.